Here's a quick fill-in of some of the progress lately. I've been pretty much working full time on this thing, morning to night, although sometimes it doesn't feel like anything is happening.
I finished the tail panel, which was basically the last section of the body to be done. There was a bit of work to finish the shaved trunk lock
Feels pretty good to have the body finally finished!
Before the motor went into the car, it needed a few things. One was to clearance the passenger side header to gain room between the torsion bar. The overkill headers pretty much touched the overkill torsion bars, and I wanted to raise the angle of the drivetrain to get some extra ground clearance too.
I set the header in a bin of sand to support it while I heated it up and smacked it in.
Turned out pretty good! Gains me lot of room.
In the quest for more ground clearance I also trimmed the lower flange of the Lakewood bellhousing and 'block-saver' plate. When I was testing the car the bottom two bolts and bellhousing flange bottomed out on a big bump on the road. Made a very loud noise and ate a big chunk out of the road. I'm not planning on drag racing the car so I don't need the bottom two bolts and the SFI rating of the bellhousing. The bottom edge was round so you can see I gained a lot of ground clearance by modifying it like this.
I also made up new front brake lines and installed the Willwood proportioning valve before putting the drivetrain in the car. It's so nice to bolt new parts onto a fresh body with new hardware!
It's so easy to install everything like this. I highly recommend it!
There's a lot more that's happened since these photos too, so I'll try and update this website more regularly. Cheers!