Thursday, January 29, 2015

Finished Body!

A major milestone on the project has been passed, the body is finished! Well, I still have to paint the tail panel when the body is off the rotisserie as it's obscured by the frame, but apart from that it's done!

It's not perfect but for a home job it looks great. I better make the most of it as once you spray a matte top coat it will only look worse over time. You can't buff anything out and matte finishes always mark easy. But right now it looks fantastic.

I had my fair share of trials and tribulations, setbacks and breakthroughs, but the end results are good enough to be worth it (just...  maybe). I think for future car projects I'm going to pay the pros to paint them, as right now I feel there's no way I want to go through this again!

It's been another steep learning curve for someone who's never done anything like this before. I can't wait to start bolting all new and clean parts onto this body for the last time.

I have to share a picture of the rad little spray gun I used for the top coats. This is the Spraylien, a limited edition DeVilbiss GTi Pro-Lite. I kept it real clean and it will be going back on display on a shelf once I'm done as it looks so cool. And it did an amazing job of the spraying as well. Bonus!

3 comments:

  1. saya atas nama BPK. SAMSUL dari MADURA ingin mengucapkan banyak kasih kepada MBAH KARYO,kalau bukan karna bantuannya munkin sekaran saya sudah terlantar dan tidak pernaah terpikirkan oleh saya kalau saya sdh bisa sesukses ini dan saya tdk menyanka klau MBAH KARYO bisa sehebat ini menembuskan semua no,,jika anda ingin seperti saya silahkan hubungi MBAH KARYO no ini 082301536999 saya yakin anda tdk akan pernah menyesal klau sudah berhubungan dgn MBAH KARYO dan jgn percaya klau ada yg menggunakan pesan ini klau bukan nama BPK. SAMSUL dan bukan nama MBAH KARYO krna itu cuma palsu.m



    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this great post. I'm really enjoying the step by step posts of you working on this vehicle. It's going to look so good when it;s completed. Have a great day.
    Greg Prosmushkin

    ReplyDelete