Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hood latches

This evening I installed the Aerocatch hood latches, something I've been looking forward to for ages! They are such nice pieces of hardware, I've had one sitting on my desk at work and desk at home for over a year.

The hood had some rough old circular latches which I removed before measuring up and cutting the holes for the new ones. This beat up old drag race weight hood is pretty rough too!

 
Done, now to fabricate the mounts for the pins to thread into.

Rough cardboard mockups of the hood-tach and the power steering NACA duct, playing with alignment. I've also cut down/narrowed the front bumper and smoothed it in preparation for molding it for a lightweight fiberglass reproduction.

2 comments: